- About INSAR
- IMFAR Annual Meeting
|Oral Presenter Instructions|
Each room will be equipped with the following audio-visual equipment:
Important: It is recommended to save your PowerPoint file in 4:3 format for oral presentations at IMFAR 2017. PowerPoint Notes cannot be displayed in the Confex system, so bring a printed copy of your notes if needed.
All speakers should go to the Speaker Ready Room to upload their slides at least one day prior to their presentation day. A staff person will help speakers upload their slides and other files. PLEASE INSURE THAT YOUR PRESENTATION RUNS PROPERLY AND ADDRESS ANY PROBLEMS PRIOR TO YOUR TALK TIME!
Speaker Ready Room Schedule
Computers in each presentation room will run in Microsoft Windows with PowerPoint. VGA connectors for Mac computers will not be available. Mac computers will not be used and presentations will need to be transferred from the Mac to one of the IMFAR PCs. We strongly discourage the use of personal laptops for presentation.
Important: PowerPoint Notes cannot be displayed in the Confex system, so bring a printed copy of your notes if needed.
Please be in the room in which you will be presenting about 10 minutes prior to your session, so that you can check that your slides are properly loaded. Please bring a copy of your slides on a USB drive in case there is any problem.
For Oral Sessions:
For Panel Sessions:
1. For summary slides, use figures as much as possible. Avoid long lists of text. Please use at least 18 point font for text and for labels on figures.
2. Text is most easily visible when strongly contrasting colors are used for text and background (e.g., do not use red on blue). Things that look clear on a computer screen don't necessarily look as clear when projected in a large meeting room.
3. Try not to just read text on a slide. Use single (or few) word phrases and elaborate on them verbally. It is helpful to add animations, such as "Appear," which enable the speaker to walk through each point, especially in slides consisting of dense text.
4. Keep slides simple. Showing selected data is usually better than showing everything – especially in a 10 minute talk.
5. A good rule of thumb is to have no more than one data slide per minute.
Meeting Schedule Overview:
May 10 - Opening Reception
May 11 - May 13 - Educational Sessions
IMFAR meeting does not offer continuing education credits.
Abstract Submission Period:
September 20 - October 20, 2016
There will not be a late-breaking abstract submission period.