Message from the INSAR President
Monday, October 2, 2017
Posted by: John Aliberti
Reflections on Your INSAR Membership
As President of INSAR, it's that time of year where I reflect on the past nine months of activities and accomplishments that your INSAR Membership has made possible.
As an international society, INSAR brings together autism researchers and stakeholders from all over the globe to collaborate, network, share, learn, and carry out the INSAR mission: To promote the highest quality autism research in order to improve the lives of individuals affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder.
The importance of being a global community of professionals means we will continue to provide reduced membership dues (and reduced INSAR Annual Meeting registration rates) for individuals living and working in low income countries. It is imperative that we maintain --- and grow --- our membership in all countries where individuals are doing, or are aspiring to do, important work in the field of autism research.
INSAR dues renewal notices will be sent out in the next month. You will see a slight increase in your membership dues that will address increases in costs and ensure that INSAR can continue to fulfill its mission and strategic initiatives. The latter has included Regional Autism Research Conferences in China and South Africa. Next year will see the first of our new Policy Briefings. We are keen to introduce further strategic initiatives, and welcome your suggestions for what these should be.
By renewing your INSAR membership, you will continue to be a part of our collaborative group of dedicated scientists and help INSAR continue to support exciting research projects that benefit both the established research community and those just beginning their careers as autism researchers, as well as autistic people and their families, and clinicians/educators who work with them.
We count on you to share the benefits of being an INSAR member with your colleagues; renew your membership today, and bring a friend to INSAR membership, too!
Your INSAR Membership supported INSAR’s activities, and allowed you to benefit in a variety of ways in 2017:
- Open Access to Annual Meeting recordings
- Online Autism Research journal subscription (single sign-on through your INSAR profile)
- Free submission of job postings for the INSAR website (postings can be viewed by all visitors)
- Inclusion in the Online Membership Directory
- Eligibility to apply for a variety of INSAR Awards: Travel, Diversity, Early Career, and others
- Eligibility to be nominated for elected office in INSAR
- Eligibility to participate on INSAR committees
- Eligibility to serve as an Abstract reviewer (Full members only)
- Free Abstract submission within the calendar year of your membership
- Open Access to the Summer Institute Webinar Series (live and archived recordings)
- INSAR Mobile App
Please renew your INSAR membership today. INSAR is proud to be the premiere organization for autism researchers in the world, and we aim to build INSAR further, always with the goal of improving the lives of those affected by autism spectrum disorder.
With thanks for your support, and to all of you who play active roles in INSAR.
INSAR President 2017-2019
Cambridge University, UK